- Are you tired of battling alone the voice of self-doubt that whispers, “Who do you think you are?” and “Nobody will read what you write!”
- Do you tell fabulous stories live and in-person only to find that they fall flat when you try to write them down?
- Are you a blogger who gets baffled by grammar?
- Do you set lofty goals for your writing only to get stalled out by perfectionism or procrastination?
- Is there a book inside of you, but you don’t know how to get it out?
You don’t have to write alone
I’ve written and sold numerous articles and drama scripts, contributed to more than a dozen books, and co-authored two books with Kathi Lipp.
I’ve immersed myself in training, coaching, and mentoring with Kathi Lipp, Amy Carroll, Allison Fallon, Suzie Eller, Ginny Yttrup, Emily Freeman, Nancy Duarte, Donald Miller, and Marion Roach Smith.
I’m an English teacher with twenty-five years of teaching academic and creative writing from 5th grade through college. I also have three decades of speaking experience with parenting groups, educational conferences, and women’s retreats.
As your writing coach, I’ll help and equip you to:
- get what’s rolling around inside your head (and maybe in notebooks in a bottom drawer) out onto the page, organized and so it makes sense
- serve your audience through your unique story, message, and voice
- tease apart complex concepts into single, simple-to-remember ideas
- communicate what you want to say so that your reader responds, “That’s just what I needed to hear!”
- develop strategies for overcoming doubt and discouragement
You can expect me to:
- help you understand the four phases of writing and keep you moving through them
- give you immediate honest input for each draft you submit for feedback
- take care of all those annoying grammar issues so you can focus on your story and message
- serve as your project manager, keeping track of both the big picture and individual details
- provide you with accountability and plenty of encouragement each step of the way
Coaching & Manuscript Services Available
Click on the links below to learn more about each service.
- The Quick Once-Over (Twice) — for blog posts and articles
- The In-Depth Customized Learning Critique — for blog posts and articles
- The Lightening Critique — for long-form essays & book chapters
- 4-Week “Write Beside You” Workshop – immediate feedback on blog posts, articles, and chapter sections
- Larger Project Packages — for multiple drafts of a WiP; value statements; one-sheet; book proposal sections; etc.
- 1-on-1 Customized Coaching Calls — for personalized, immediate mentoring, teaching, and planning
To request more information about Write Beside You Coaching Packages and availability, please send your inquiries to Cheri’s ministry assistant, Shantell Brightman