Write Beside You 4-Week Workshop
Every week for four weeks, you and five other writers will get together for an interactive 1.5-hour Zoom session that goes like this:
- One writer will read aloud her 500-750 word draft.
- I’ll be the first to offer feedback, focusing on what’s really working, what I found especially effective, what each writer needs to keep doing. My goal is to develop a list of “signature strengths” and help each writer discover her voice.
- I’ll also ask questions about areas I found confusing and point out obvious obstacles to reader understanding and engagement.
- The other five writers will offer their initial thoughts.
- I’ll teach a mini-lesson based on a particular strength of the piece. Each writer’s draft will serve as a “mentor text” each week.
After our Zoom session, you’ll receive more extensive feedback via Track Changes from me and your five classmates.
You’ll also receive notes on each mini-lesson. By the end of our time together, you’ll have a collection of 24 mini-lessons to regularly reference!
All Zoom sessions will be recorded, and you’ll receive private, password protected links to re-view your library of videos to reinforce your learning.
On-going Voxer conversations with me between sessions are available — and encouraged!
For Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4, you can decide whether to bring a revision of your previous week’s piece or an entirely new draft.
To be added to the Write Beside You 4-Week Workshop waiting list, fill out the contact form here.